Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"Putting God first in everything I do as a mother has helped with my balance" Etonde Akamangwa



     I am a mother of two girls and know what it means to be raising kids in America. Finding a balance with husband, kids and work can be very draining to our souls.I was blessed to be in a church that had a MOPS group and this changed my perspective about motherhood. I was able to hang out with real women like me facing the same challenges. Things even got better when I became a steering theme member. Learning how to help and encourage other mothers became a blessing to me.




 











          


When I first read of this blog nomamipikinleftbehind the MOPS concept played in my brain. It is very important as mothers to encourage each other through this very different yet, blessed season of life.  Putting God first in everything I do as a mother has helped with my balance. Learning to love and forgive my husband a thousand times make life easier. Knowing that my husband comes before my kids is very important in this season of life. God<husband<kids.
           Taking time off away from the kids with your husband is very important in keeping this balance. Oh yes, I mean drop the kids and go for a weekend. Money spent on babysitting, is money well spent in investing in your marriage.I go ahead and plan a getaway because waiting on my husband can take forever. I tell you, if you make him have fun like before kids, he will be the one arranging for the next getaway :-). I've learned that my kids are not stress as most mothers say. Instead, motherhood brings about stress due to the challenges of finding a balance.  "So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?" (Ecclesiastes 3:22 NIV)

            I look at this season in my life as a blessing and try to enjoy it day by day despite the mommy mommy mommy, screaming, diaper changing, vomits yet, lots of laugher they bring.Investing time and building strong relationships with my kids is what matters most to me. They have no other mother but me and only God knows how long I have with them. 

          Finally, exercise has helped me gain a new look in life. I've taken a conscious decision to stay healthy for my husband and kids. I am one of those who look at food and gain weight lol!  I had to learn how to eat again after the pregnancy because the cravings stayed. I exercise because need to take care of the body God has blessed me with. Also, to have energy to run after my kids. I'm not trying to be a size 2, but trying to model good eating habits and a lifestyle change to my kids.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Speechless but blessed. This is good timing for me by I struggle with all that was said. Started exercising and have to put a lot of what was said into perspective. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. Very encouraging. Who said it was easy but determination and always looking up to God is the key. You have said it all. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...