Monday, May 19, 2014

I LOVE my BODY campaign ( Featuring Maika Ngong ) #ilovemybodycampaign


  This mamipikin could have never said it any better. In her own WORDS.
Please read and pass along.


     " I want to start off by saying I am extremely grateful for the I love my body campaign. I've been following the blog and showing my support by clicking the like button but not really thinking about the significance of the campaign. I've just been looking at the "cool" aspect of it and not really making an intimate connection. It is not until this past Sunday that I really saw the value of this campaign for me. Not for those who read the blog, but for ME. I asked someone to help me take pictures for my blog, and as we were taking the pictures they said "you don't even have the body to be doing what your trying to do." Naturally, I got pissed and seized my phone. I was deeply hurt and wanted to end the shoot but as I scrolled through the pictures I realized that they actually looked good. So I told the person "well, think what you like but just keep taking the pictures because they look nice." We took some more pictures until I was able to get a more amiable photograher. Despite the fact that I got plenty of good shots, I was not able to let that comment go. I approached the person and asked them why they would say such a thing? Don't they know those are the kinds of comments that can paralyze someone? That can break a person? I even asked them if Oprah is skinny?


I sat down and remembered the "I love my body campaign" and said I must take some pictures and send them in. Not only will I take these pictures but I will take them wearing my favorite blue skirt with a tank top, no jacket, no sweater! It occurred to me that this isn't just about being the most beautiful or super sexy, it's about being able to walk up to someone and saying "Hello, my name is Maika, how are you?" It's about Freedom! I know I'm not perfect, I know I need to put in some hours in the gym, and make healthier choices, but before I can do any of that I must love myself first! Only by loving myself, learning how to love myself, will I be able to reap the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. Going to gym but not loving yourself is not a healthy lifestyle.


To close, I just want to repeat that I am extremely grateful for the "I love my body" campaign. I might not have had the courage to continue taking pictures if I did not have that mantra ringing in my ears! YOU MUST FIRST LOVE YOURSELF


   My fellow mamipikins please be bold and encourage others. Send in before and after pictures or present pictures with your  story so that we can continue to encourage, empower and support one another in this health and image journey. Lets run a dynamic  " I LOVE MY BODY CAMPAIGN " . 

Let #nomamipikin be left behind.  
Kisses and love 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...