Monday, June 26, 2017

"Yaah Yefon"


"Yaah YEFON "
     So its 3:00am and I cannot possible explain the weekend I had. However one thing sent me to this blog at this hour. Sometime ago I got invited by His Royal Majesty Fon Nganjo of Njirong village. Well if you have been following the blog you will gather that I was born in Cameroon and I absolutely respect and adore my culture. When I got this invitation I was a nervous wreck and had a million questions on what the Fon needed to discuss with my husband and I. If you are not familiar with our culture as Cameroonians you might not get the big deal. Our Fons are revered. They are our traditional rulers. You don't walk into the palace and visit the Fon. You request his audience in so many steps through his council. What could I have done to be summoned to meet with the traditional leaders of our Land in the USA? The question kept me up and wondering. My mother who can usually whip up answers for my many concerns was not too sure either. All she advised was to make sure we came in with our heads covered up as we could not be in audience with the Fon with our heads not covered up, meaning I needed scarf or head tie and my husband needed a hat.
   
    Sunday finally came and I had to face the reality of being summoned by a great ruler of my people. We arrived to the Palace and we were welcomed by HRM Fon Nganjo's wife who is "Ma Wintoh" (mother/wife of the palace). She had a feast laid out. We ate and sat down, waiting to be called in.
Dressed in our Sundays best. Toghu (Atoghu print specially hand made in Cameroon for events of this magnitude)

    The Hour finally came and I was called in. After a couple of welcomes and more, the women in the room took me into a separate room with a new set of clothes set up and ready for me to change into. How did they get my size is all I could think of. I mean everything was my exact size. (Wondering how I got photos? Well everyone around me knows I document everything. And my sister Anyi who is Godmother to my number 3 is behind this phone camera in oohhhs and ahhhhs capturing all of this. I am truly grateful that we had a conversation about this and she showed up to support me.)

All dressed up and ready to go.




His Royal Majesty Fon Nganjo of Njirong village addresses the reason of the summon and traditional rites follow.








 


In this audience was; 
HRM FON of Nganjo of Njirong village.
HRM FON of  NKAR, HRM FON of Babungo, HRM FON OF BAMUKUMBIT, MBE TAZI. Members of the USNWFC, family and friends.




Thankful for you wonderful women who went out of your way to make it to the Palace to support me. (From Left to right -Anyi, Aunty Rosemary aka aunty Mermaid, Yefon  and Star) 

And this is how my weekend ended. I am completely overwhelmed. You have no idea how much of an out of body experience this was to me. I love to serve and contrary to what most people who don't know me on a personal level think, I absolutely hate being the center of  attention. 

   If you look at the photos and videos I am completely overwhelmed. I never saw this coming, I have always served with love and with my whole heart. I am very thankful to the people of Njirong and the world at large for even considering that I serve in any capacity. My everyday dream is to be of service to the world especially its women. My everyday desire is to encourage,empower and support the women in my community and beyond  My goal is to ensure that every woman  I get a chance to meet personally or through my writing  is impacted positively and encouraged to walk in their purpose. As a mother of four incredibly diverse children,several Godchildren and a huge external family  I  speak from a point of experience, empathy, failure, success, love and determination. My goal is to promote a culture where women feel limitless while striving to become the best version of themselves. Thank you to the people of Njirong, you all absolutely blew my mind. May God give me the grace, wisdom, love, kindness, and dedication I need to serve you all. 


I share this experience with you because you all are a part of this journey. #Nomamipikinleftbehind. 

Yours truly, 
" Yaah Yefon of  Njirong "



Announcements

DID YOU KNOW???
  A retreat is a life-changing experience for everyone involved: your attendees, your staff, and of course, YOU! Design, plan, and execute your perfect retreat with this detailed guide from Sandra Kemayou. Guide to creating WOW retreats will walk you through the steps of deciding the theme or focus of your retreat, finding a location, writing out a budget, building your team, advertising your retreat, and much more! Make your passion into a masterpiece and bring people together with a wow retreat.
Available for purchase 06/27/17 (tomorrow) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...