Monday, March 3, 2014

Staying Grateful


  I have truly missed you all, If we get another snow day i will not respect it. I will dress my kids up and still drop them off at school, this is toooooo much, can i get an AMEN? my MOPS program ( mothers of preschoolers) has been cancelled twice in a row how do they expect me to get my bi-weekly dose of adult time? Ok now that i have that out of the way we can move to todays talk. 

The struggle to perfect my eyebrows is REAL .. ( next blog ) 
    Hmmm I was sitting back last night as i watched Lupita Nyong'o Yessssssssss ( you did not think i was going to keep Lupits out of this today did you? not after her big win Yesterday? Oh no hun!) and it all hit me that i needed to encourage my mamipikins to stay grateful for what we do have. We are taking things for granted and asking for more. This woman went down her list and appreciated the people who got her to that point in her life. She thanked them and made sure they knew that they were a part of her big win. 

" Thank you to the Academy for this incredible recognition. It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else’s. And so I want to salute the spirit of Patsy for her guidance. And for Solomon, thank you for telling her story, and your own. Steve McQueen, you charge everything you fashion with the breath of your own spirit. Thank you so much for putting me in this position. It has been the joy of my life. I’m certain that the dead are standing about you and watching and they’re grateful and so am I. Chiwetel, thank you for your fearlessness, and for how deeply you went into telling Solomon’s story. Michael Fassbender, thank you so much, you were my rock, Alfre and Sarah, it was a thrill to work with you, Joe Walker, the invisible performer in the editing room, thank you … I want to thank my family for your training, and the Yale school of Drama as well for your training. My brother Junior sitting by my side, thank you so much, you are my best friend, and Ben, my other best friend, my chosen family. When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that, no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid. " 
Lupita Nyong'o 

Now my mamipikins, 
Have you thanked your nanny today?
Have you thanked your mother for dedicating all her time raising you and now your children?
Have you looked at your children and thanked God that they came home healthy and safe?
Have you thanked that aunt who is ready to pick your kids up at a phone call?
Have you thanked the people in your support system lately?

Go back and show appreciation to those people who your support system. 
Tell them how they mean to you, People who support you don't owe you anything, they do it out of love and you should be able to return the favor by appreciating them in any way you can. 
Who is a part of your big win?
Have you thanked them?

Please dont laugh. (I see you laughing already ) 

I wont say cheese by Anari Ndumu 



The struggle to take a single picture is real. Please pay your photographers, their job is no joke. 


Let NO MAMIPIKIN BE LEFT BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kisses
As you can see I am still praying for that dream car.
:) 



1 comment:

  1. I HAVE NO COMMENTS TO MAKE JST BECUASE I HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THE ABOVE COMMENTS NOR HAVE I READ THE STORIES ABOVE...BUT I JST WANNA SAY TUMBS UP FOR THE WHOLE CONCEPT

    ReplyDelete

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...