Saturday, January 17, 2015

  So its about 6 am in my world and on a Saturday when I don't have any events(work: I am an event planner by day and mother by.... well I am always a mother,no schedule there)  this is my favorite time of the day. I can sit down in a corner and just reflect on my entire week without 3 little people calling me by the minute. My 3 year old is at the age of "Mommy X smiled at me", "Mommy there are people in the house", "Mommy are you my mommy?" ... I mean she is what we call in Cameroon( my home country) "report card" and  in the Us "tattle tale". Anyhow with that said I am thankful I have them to keep me busy and away from what could be a lot of trouble out here.

With my number one fan and the biggest boss I know. Mafor... (mother of mine)
    I think every woman needs a crash course or (refresher) on how to be a great friend. When I say every woman I mean every single woman. We have lost it. As I talk to other mothers and women I begin to realize that most of our issues come from the fact that we are not able to stay Loyal to anyone at all. So my question is how are we raising our daughters? It becomes a vicious cycle. I am personally working on being able to forgive and move on so I can be a great friend again. I want to be able to smile from the inside and say I let that go because I am human and make a ton of mistakes too.

     We are treating each other like "reserved parking spots" No one is a reserved Parking Spot. You can't choose when to park and when to leave the spot empty, you can't choose to drive around and then come back because you are paying a small monthly fee, You cant treat people like a parking spot.You cannot bid on each other like you will do if you wanted a great parking spot closer to your house. You don't own anyone and therefore cannot treat them like crap!If you cannot be loyal and consistent you are not ready for real friendship.We must treat each other with some respect. You cannot choose when someone is good enough according to your  "needs radar" and when they are not. Friendship cannot be based on the convenience at that season of your life. You have to separate "associates" or "ministry" (ministry because they are truly some people who need your help to go over certain tough times at a point in their life) from true friendship. Look around you and you will see that some people are your ministry, others are just associates, and then you have a handful of those who are your real friends.

   As mothers there is no time for watered down relationships. Nomamipikin should be caught up in "parking spot" friendships.

Happy Saturday
Kisses



2 comments:

  1. what you have started here is good and must continue. I enjoyed reading this and if you can keep going maybe we can do something with this someday.
    Uncle Chia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great write up.. We all have to be great friend to expect great friendship!

    ReplyDelete

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...