Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Support System ...

   
  Nomamipikinleftbehind! Ahhhh I was this close to being left behind this month. I have been MIA and I promise its been unavoidable. I hope all you fabulous mamas have not been left behind!

       This entire month I have been writing down notes to myself about the importance of a solid support system. As I look back  about 7 years ago when i had my first child I realize that many people have come and gone but there are a handful of people who never disappoint. I started asking other mother questions like; Do you have a solid, sure, steady, guaranteed support system? Do you have definite solid friendships that you can rely on if you are in dire need of support?  Most of the mothers around me nodded yes and one consistent answer was; "well people come and go and you cant trust anyone". Most of their answers were pretty consistent.

A great part of my support system together in prayer
      Now I decided that I will share about the importance of having a solid support system not only as a mother but in general. You must be able to identify those people who remain consistent in your life and vice versa. Those people who don't wait for you to fall before you picking you up but caution you about the pit ahead of the road, these are the people who need to remain in your inner circle and support system. Those people who can be HONEST without being judgmental. YOU are a great part of your support system as well. You have to be able to give as much as you expect out of anybody or more. You cannot expect to have a solid support system if you are not a consistent and reliable friend.

   Nobody can function without the support of another human being, it usually has very little to do with financial support and more with emotional support. Its about having your own team, a set of people who will pick up after you and you after them. Those people who are undeniably part of your family, No matter how bad it is they will never hurt you and neither will you. The very people who are there for your kids without any questions. The few who will loose a couple of days at work to help with your children. Those few who understand that as a mother you may need a break and offer babysitting. You dont need to talk to them everyday but you know in your heart they are on your side.
     
    As a mother if I did not have an incredible support system I will have lost it years ago.  Remember YOU are a big part of the support system. Stay consistent and build strong and healthy relationships. Everyone needs a great support system, let them feel appreciated and don't abuse them.


Kisses,



1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I struggle with same questions. I also feel like in order for you to grow some people will have to be out of your life. Not because of hate or anything but at that moment it is what needs to happen. Love them from a distance because someday you might meet again. I also ask myself this " Am I a great support system to others?".

    ReplyDelete

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...