Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Gratitude...

I know its been ages. I have no excuses. Please hang in there with me as I do my best to share what I owe all of you wonderful people who have stuck with me all these years. For some reason the conversations were moved to my Facebook page because we were able to get a better thread going. However, I trust that we can do the same here. Now lets talk about gratitude or the lack there of.


   Teach your children gratitude by demonstrating behavior that screams GRATITUDE.
It won’t happen by chance. We must raise a generation that is not swimming in entitlement. It starts by not spoiling your children as overcompensation for being too busy. Gratitude at all times is MUST.
  Apart from saying the regular THANK YOU in my house I insist on actionable gratitude and more  from the heart. (Well they may not really have a choice all the time, but here with some of the things we do). In my home, GRATITUDE IS NON NEGOTIABLE! Especially to GOD.
___________________________________________________
1. We send thank you Videos(we basically make videos for almost everything. Videos need time and effort so that its not done just to fulfill being “done”.
2. We write down our appreciation.Thank you notes etc.
3. If you are not treating something of value with care I confiscate it.
4. If you display entitled behavior, we each share in a conversation why that is wrong behavior, plus consequences.
5. We as parents DISPLAY GRATITUDE towards each other.
6. I make sure my children listen in as I offer thank you’s and appreciation each time I can get them around.
7. I take my children to age and environment appropriate FAMILY functions so that they are not being raised on an island and display spoilt rotten behavior. They must interact and tolerate other children/humans. (Remember Family is what you make it. Don’t tell me you don’t have any family around).
8. And more... I will chime in the comments as we discuss.. Are you demonstrating GRATITUDE? No one owes you anything.

I know its been ages. We didn’t have another baby I promise. Hahaha 
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me about getting conversations back on the blog. This is your doing. We will try to keep it up.
Kisses,

Ya’ah Yefon.

#Nomamipikinleftbehind
The 2020 MAMIPIKIN TALKS EXPERIENCE
Registration available:
www.eurykahndumu.com 
The 2020 MAMIPIKIN TALKS EXPERIENCE
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The place where God needs your genius is NEVER saturated

Today I will be sharing a single paragraph because thats all you need.      There will never be saturation where he has called you. You...